Sunday, May 1, 2011

Quilled Magnets

I Made these magnets with some old plastic covered magnets that are designed for use on whiteboards. I honestly didnt think they would hold much, but cute for decoration, but was surprised when the bigger ones held around 5 or 6 sheets of paper before falling off the fridge. To make, I simply created a large tight coil (much like one used for making 3D items) and molded them over the plastic of the magnets and shaped them until I was happy. Glued them down with my regular PVA glue and then when they were dry brushed them with a coat of glossy Mod Podge.






I made a few with quilled designs on them, but have yet to take a photo.

- Laura

1 comment:

  1. Oh how very creative!! I love magnets and how great are these! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete